Man oh man, this is something that tripped me up when moving a bunch of lambda functions over to a different region. After lots and lots of tweaks, googles, and let's-try-its I've landed upon a nice AWS CodePipeline template that I like to use for new lambda functions. Here it is below in all of its glory!
This is seriously something I did not know about until just now. I would intuitively try to hit the arrow keys to move the playhead and tried basically all the combinations of the arrow keys with ctrl, shift, space, and / or command. Then after a bit a googlin' I found that the side carrots keys allow you to move the playhead.
This is a little thing that tripped me up, and I'd like to write this blog post so that I don't forget it!
Using AWS CodeStar is really awesome, and I highly recommend it. However, you need to be careful to modify your initial template.yml file appropriately or you'll have random HelloWorlds popping up all over the place. This blog post is about how to modify the template.
Once upon a time I was the serverless guy at a startup company building lambda functions. My function went into production at 128mb of memory and a timeout of 3 seconds. Because of game had "live races" we would see big spikes in traffic at certain times of the day, and unfortunately I would also see big spikes in the number of errors in the CloudWatch metrics charts... My boss even opened the website during the high volume event and noticed requests to the lambda returning 400 error. In the cloudwatch logs I could norrow down the logs to just the high volume time and see many timeout errors happening during this period. Needless to say, this is not a good look, and you don't want it to happen to you (especially you, future Jim)!
The posts on this site are written and maintained by Jim Lynch. About Jim...