One of the things I really hate is when my application running in gulp serve looks totally different from the application running with gulp serve:dist. The second one does a production build and then runs that, and sometimes with the minification and concatenation things gets messed up (usually it's that dang css). Anyway, this post is about how I fixed the z-index issue that is related to this.
Here is the link to the original post by Sarah Drasner titled A Comparison of Animation Technologies. It's a great post that goes through some history of the subject as well, but if you want a "just the facts" answer to the question it basically boils down to this:
Use css for basic animation, greensock's TimelineLite for chaining animations, and a framework (like Three.js) based on webgl for 3d. :)
Last night I went to the "GothamSASS" meetup group event at the ThoughtWorks NYC office (which is awesome by the way) which was about Visual Regression testing.
I don't know how many times I've looked up on the Google how to do this so I'm writing this blog post in hopes that it will burn this line of css into my memory. Suppose you have a div (call it div A) that has a higher z-index xss property (and is thus in front) of div B which has a lower z-index value.
The posts on this site are written and maintained by Jim Lynch. About Jim...