I’ve been working as a software consultant for the past few weeks, and an interesting thing happened. The initial aggressive plan was to build a working prototype in 2 weeks that involved a React web front-end, Postgres db, and node backend api. Well, we wanted to not do a complete faceplant so we were kind of forced into cutting corners and optimizing for speed. For that reason and also since one of our three engineers was somewhat of a Ruby expert we thought it was be a quick win to quickly build out the backend api in ruby on rails. This post is me reflecting on my experiences today pair programming in Ruby on Rails.
I seriously love using protractor-cucumber-framework, but it can be quite annoying trying to configure it perfectly, especially when you're doing it for the first time. I was having some trouble setting it up with my recent project, and decided to write a post about this specific error that I seem to run into often (hopefully that'll change soon! hehe) when adding this to my projects.
This past weekend my uncle Keith came up from Virginia. He's a Chiropractor, and while he was here he adjusted me. Afterwards, I realized that what he was doing was very similar to software testing!
Here's a post I wrote after having an "aha moment" about how to efficiently keep my living documentation up-to-date and easily accessible. Enjoy!
This is a very theoretical blog post on how to use Karma and Protractor in a BDD fashion.
The posts on this site are written and maintained by Jim Lynch. About Jim...